Adjust Status

As the husband or wife of a U.S. citizen, you are what immigration law calls an “immediate relative.” That means that if you’re living in the United States after a legal, nonfraudulent entry, you can apply for legal permanent residence (your “green card”) right away.

Applying for your green card will be a two-step process. First, you’ll submit all the paperwork for your green card to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the agency that handles such applications.

Your paperwork will include both an I-130 visa petition that your U.S. citizen spouse will prepare for you, and the adjustment of status application on Form I-485 with supporting forms and documents. Some months later, you’ll attend an interview at a USCIS office.

You cannot submit this application in person, but must mail it to USCIS at an office that it calls a Lockbox. Make a complete copy of every form, document, check or money order (be sure to copy the backs if you’ve written information on them), and photo in your packet, then send it to the address given on the USCIS website.

Adjust Status

After that, you’ll wait to receive an appointment to have your biometrics (fingerprints) taken, and for your actual interview appointment. At the interview, a USCIS officer will meet with you and, if all is in order, approve your application for a green card. USCIS will send you a list of what you’ll need to bring for your interview.

Schedule An Appointment

We Gladly Accept



All the information on this website is for general informational purposes only and is NOT legal advice. Do not, under any circumstances, rely on information found on our website as legal advice. We are an Immigration Consultant firm, registered with California Department of State, and has been undergone criminal and financial background check at the statewide and nationwide level. We are not a law office and do not provide legal advice nor represent you in your immigration matter. Immigration Consultant Bond #: SU50757



    2016 Lewelling Blvd, San Leandro, CA
    94579. United States
    510-346-568 – Fax: 925-459-6789
    154/4/5 Nguyễn Phúc Chu, P.15,
    Q. Tân Bình, TP. HCM
    0911190550 – 01285649289
  • Monday – Friday: 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
    Saturday: 10:00 am đến 04:00 pm
    Sunday: Closed.